Built in 1916, Red Wing Central High School served students from the surrounding area until 1995 when the new Red Wing High School opened in the southeast section of Red Wing.
When Central High School closed in 1995, the property was purchased by Goodhue County. Perservation of the 1916 building was seen as a critical priority for the Red Wing Historic Preservation Commission. To build the new county legal center, the County demolished several additions that had been added to the original building, but left the 1916 building in tact.
The exicting new renovation began in the fall of 2005 and was completed in 2010.
All units in the 1916 building have been purchased and are occupied. Three units in the Bluff View section serve a need for local, high end rental property.